- Launch Terminal, found in /Applications/Utilities/ or launched through Spotlight
- Type the following command at the prompt:
- Enter the administrator password when requested, you will not see it typed on screen as usual with the command line
- Once the hosts file is loaded within nano, use the arrow keys to navigate to the bottom of the hosts file to make your modifications
- When finished, hit Control+O followed by ENTER/RETURN to save changes to /private/etc/hosts, then hit Control+X to exit out of nano
- Quit out of Terminal when finished
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
How To Edit Your Host File On Your Mac
In support of Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio, the e-Business Express team committed to Run or Dye together on August 10th, 2013 at the Browns Stadium in Cleveland. e-Business Express’ web coders, search gurus and computer junkies alike formed The E-Team to participate in “the world’s most colorful 5K” for a day of fitness, fun, and to “tie-dye the Ohio Sky”!
This is not your father’s A-Team, this is the E-TEAM!! We will not finish first in anything but Google Search. We do not wear large gold chains, but we do wear special glass to reduce the glare from our computer screens. If you have a web problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire…The E-Team.
Together with 29 other members of the eMainStreet Alliance, I traveled to Washington DC last week to fight against the Marketplace Fairness Act. We divided into 5 groups and conducted 40 meetings over two days with members of congress and congressional aids.
What we learned
- The big box retailers lobbied for passage of the Marketplace Fairness Act in the Senate.
- It’s unlikely the bill will pass in the House without significant modification.
- Some legislators viewed MFA as a new tax and were opposed to it on that basis.
- Other legislators viewed MFA as a means to collect taxes under existing use tax laws.
- A common myth in Washington is that states will make compliance software available for all business systems free of charge.
The next step in the process is a House Judiciary Committee review, possibly in August or September. A possible outcome of the Judiciary Review: A simplified version of the MFA incorporating uniformity on definitions and tax rates.
While a simplified version of the bill could address some of its deficiencies, the current version of the Marketplace Fairness Act must be modified to also address the threat of audit. Unlike Wal-Mart, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Home Depot and other big retailers, most internet retailers do not have unlimited funds for accountants and lawyers to deal with time consuming audits from 46 different states.
The bottom line: The issue of how internet sales tax will be addressed is far from settled. Small business is just beginning to make themselves heard in Washington. In its current state, the Marketplace Fairness Act overwhelmingly favors big retailers and, if this bill passes many small internet companies will cease to exist.
Please join us in our fight against the Marketplace Fairness Act by joining eMainStreet Alliance. http://emainstreet.org.
Internet Merchants Feedback On Marketplace Fairness Act.
View feedback in a
Video marketing is crucial to any online business’s success. This is truly more evident than ever in the case of Direct Fix. Direct Fix was able to build a great business on the back of “How To” videos that showed exactly how to repair different components of a broken phone.
As more mobile devices came out and more videos about these devices became available it was important to the business to keep their videos on top of the pile. e-Business Express was able to help direct fix gain more views, traffic and sales from these videos thanks to some search engine optimization.
Not only did Direct Fix see a boost in their YouTube views but their videos also started taking prominent spots in Google’s search results. Along with this e-Business Express was able to get the videos displayed on a large list of highly trafficked video and niche sites.
At e-Business Express we have been driving online business since 1999. All of our work is done in house by our professional and knowledgeable team. e-Business Express’s team offers expertly crafted design, custom functionality, unique marketing campaigns and web hosting.
We have a 2 fold approach to achieving success which includes leveraging our expertise and experience, along with a strong client relationship. Developing a tight relationship allows e-Business Express to make your business’s success our business.
Due to the fact that no 2 clients are the same, we create custom packages for each of our client’s unique requirements. Whatever challenges your business may face we are here to help. Our representatives will work hand in hand with your team to get the job done.
Reach out to us today; tell us about your project.
We’ve partnered with Trust Guard to help you build trust, protect your site and convert more browsers to buyers!
Trust Guard is based on a simple premise: when internet shoppers feel completely safe and secure, they are more likely to buy, and to buy more often. By increasing confidence and safety for online shoppers, merchants enjoy increased website conversion, sales, opt-ins, and overall site profitability.
Trust Guard provides online merchants a unique brand building and website conversion solution that increases buyer peace of mind and loyalty as well as merchant sales and profit margins.
Trust Guard enables merchants to leverage the 3rd Party Endorsement of their Security, Business, and Privacy. Via the Security Scanned Seal, the Business Verified Seal and the Privacy Seal. By marketing this to your consumer you are addressing their 3 Major Concerns. Is my information safe?, Is this business legitimate? And will my information be sold? Which will in turn enhance the overall buyer experience and build your brand. By providing confidence-building benefits at no cost, shoppers purchase more often and become highly satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Why Trust Guard’s Suite of Seals is essential for successful online merchants.
- Increases confidence which increases website conversion and sales… typically 5-10% or more!
- Trust Guard services will pay for themselves many times over, making merchants like you more profitable.
- It’s simple to install… typically less than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Trust Guard will prove it. We Guarantee that we will improve your conversion rate within 60 days or we will Double your Money Back!
- No risk. No obligations. Cancel at any time. Your price will never go up!
Join the thousands of Trust Guard Merchants benefiting from more sales, opt-ins, and profits
Please feel free to contact us using at 1-877-907-3277 or with the form below.